Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Haven't posted in awhile...update part 2..August


Written 9/4...

Time flies and yet goes really slowly. I know the 1st two months I was so sleep deprived that I really had lost all awareness of time. Looking back, I am not sure how I/we survived those first two to three months. Luckily, we had a lot of help for the month of July (so 2.5 to 3.5 months). Then, since we have been back home (so basically from beg of August til now), the sleep situation has improved. Phew! From about Aug 1st to Aug 27th, we would put them to bed between 6:30-7:30pm and they would wake up once a night each (usually between 11:30pm and 1:30am), take a bottle, and go back to sleep til 6am. Definitely made life a bit easier and I felt like I had a little time to myself at night (from about 7pm to whenever I went to bed). Then the beg. of last week, they seemed to drop that night feeding, and started sleeping from when we put them down at 7-7:30pm until 6am, and if we are really lucky 6:30 or 7am. Leyla has done it consisently for a week, and Quinn did 5 nights and had two nights mixed in there of still waking up for a bottle. I hope this is not a fluke, and that this is here to stay. I could definitely get used to this!


In addition, we rec'd two offers on our house on the same day, after months of nothing! They both came in Sat, Aug 4th, and we countered both of them. They accepted the better one on Sun, Aug 5th. Since then it has been a whirlwind of activity. We were suppose to close on this house here in Vegas this past Friday, Aug 31st, but things got complicated last week. Of course. When has anything been uncomplicated this past year of my life?! The buyer (a man) rec'd deployment papers to go to Iraq sometime in the next 3 months; therefore, he wanted to change the loan to be in his name and his girlfriend's name. This meant a new contract, which was completed and given to their lender last Tues the 28th. I guess it was too little time for them to create new loan docs by Fri. supposedly they will come in today; however, it is already 1:30pm here so I am becoming quite doubtful of that. We will see. Meanwhile, we were scheduled to close our house in FL tomorrow, Sept 5th, so needless to say, that is postponed too. I just want all of this to be done, papers signed, and us moved soon! We have been completely packed up for over a week now. We are eating off paper and plastic. What fun!


Well, at their 4 mo check up last week, Quinn weighed 15 lbs and was 24" and Leyla weighed 12lb 3 ozs and was 23.5". I don't think anyone would every guess Quinn was a preemie! How much does Edward weigh? Do you have the 2 mo appt and shots next week?

No comments: