Both Tycho and I think we will enjoy it better when they can talk and walk, well particularly Tycho. Don't get me wrong...we are loving being parents...the little munkins bring such sweet moments, but they do bring their share of difficult ones too. I don't think I ever really comprehended how difficult being a parent would be. Nothing like reality to bring it to light...LOL. I worry that when they can talk/walk we might be in for the hardest time.
Regarding food, originally at my 2 mo. ped appt, she told me at 4mo. we would discuss cereal. Then at the 4 mo. she said some new research came out indicating it was better to wait longer...She suggested we hold off on cereal til 5 mos and food til 6 mos. At 1 wk shy of 5 mo. we introduced cereal. They did 1 tbsp. of that for just a week. Then I decided "Forget it...I am reading about all these other moms giving food at 4mos...I am going to introduce it slowly." So a few days after 5 mos. I introduced some fruit (same kind for a whole week) with the cereal. I did it during the daytime hours so I could observe if they had a neg. reaction to it. Then the next week I tried two other kinds of fruit. Then the next week I introduced veggie (again same kind a few days in a row) and cereal in the evening. Now that is our routine. They each have 1tbsp of cereal and share a stage 1 pack of fruit/veggie (although they don't always eat the whole thing). So far, so good. Leyla is a better eater than Quinn. He enjoys rolling it around in his mouth and kind of spitting it back out. I decided after a few days of this, maybe it would help if gravity was on his side. So I feed Leyla in the take-along swing and Quinn on his back on the floor. It works much better! It is a messy process though. ;)
This is what our schedule looks like most days:
7-7:15am bottle
8:15-8:30am cereal/fruit
8:45 morning jog
9:00-10:00 nap
10:45-11am bottle
12:15-1:45 nap
2:30-3pm bottle
4:30-5:00pm (somewhere in there) cereal/veggie/couple ounces
5:00pm evening walk
6:00pm every other night bath/pajamas
6:30pm bottle and bed shortly thereafter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment