Monday, April 23, 2007

April 23rd

Today we were able to hold Leyla and Quinn again. We did Kangaroo Care with Quinn which means he is only in his diaper, and we hold him up close to our bare skin. He did well and maintained his body temp during this. We decided to hold Leyla bundled in blankets so Tycho would have an easier time holding her. She was quite the little ham and made lots of cute faces. Afterward, I changed her diaper for the first time. Of course, it was a poop filled one. The funniest part of all was that while I wiping her clean, she decided to start pooping again!

The dr said they are both doing well and increased Leyla's feedings to 13cc every 3 hours and Quinn is now at 10 cc every 3 hours. Yesterday, Leyla had 5 poopy diapers and Quinn had 2.

As for me, after the on-call dr checked me out (the same one who assisted my dr with my delivery), he said I could be released. Yippee! The nurse replaced my staples with some tape strips. We left the hospital a little before 7 p.m. My first time seeing anything beyond the hospital in 2 weeks. I so can't wait to sleep in my bed tonight! :0)

No comments: