Monday, April 30, 2007

April 29th update

Well they are both progressing along and finally starting to put on weight. :) Last night Quinn weighed 4lbs. 13ozs. (so back to his birth weight) and Leyla weighed 4lbs. 10ozs. (2 ozs. above her birth weight). They started nippling (taking a bottle) for one feed a shift (so one out of every four feeds) on Friday and Saturday respectively. They are both doing well with that, but they start out really strong and tire quickly into it. They are up to 40cc (which is 1oz. and 10mL).

Leyla still has a couple of those apnea spells (shallow breathing/lower heartrate) each day; however, as of last night, she had not any since Friday night. Hopefully they are diminishing or are gone. I'll keep you updated on that.

I was able to hold both of them at the same time yesterday. What fun! It does get tiring on the arms after awhile though. No idea how I will do that when they weigh more. I guess I better start lifting some weights.

Tycho left on Sat., so I have been going to visit by myself these last couple of days; however, my mom arrives tomorrow, so then she will be with me. She is very excited to see them, as you can imagine.

No comments: