Thursday, April 26, 2007

April 26th

Well, it has been a busy few days, thus the lack of updates. Anyway, they are both still doing well. As of yesterday, they were both increased to 20ccs each feeding (getting close to 1 oz). Leyla's jaundice began decreasing. Yeah! Quinn is still rising a little, so depending on his reading today, he may be under the bili lights for a day or two. We will know more tonight. Also, they began lowering the temp in their isolettes. They are slowly lowering it and keep taking their body temp to make sure they are handling the change well. So far, so good, but they still have a few degrees more to decrease in the isolette before deciding to move them to an open crib. So they might be in one tonight or tomorrow. They both weigh around 4lbs 6oz right now, so Quinn has dropped a little more weight, but they say this is normal.

As for me, I have never been so glad to sleep in my own bed and eat my own food (or at least have a choice in what I eat). It has been wonderful to be out of the hospital. On the other hand, I still get sad everytime I leave the hospital (which is at least once a day) because I am leaving my babies there. I so can't wait to bring them home, but of course, I want them to be 100% first.

No comments: